About Being Perfect

ASSALAMU`ALAIKUM WARAHMATULLAH

Hahaha. It's been a long time since I last wrote something in English. I merely follow  a specific, not so regular urge. When the urge comes, I'll be- in no time- found myself writing about stuff (which mostly contains crappy rants). I don't know what to label that, both a mystery or a prodigy to me, perhaps? But still, until now, I'm enjoying that mysterious urge. The best part is, it's almost an instantaneous phenomenon alike.

#p/s: before I begin, just wanna say this: people always come to me, saying, "Yassin, I envy you greatness in using English". Well, I'm not trying to brag up or promote the singleness of me, but yeah- sometimes, that appraisal can be a bit disturbing (in a way, the praise can be ultra sarcastic). To tell you the truth, I enjoy their sweet words most of the time. Thanks, guy. And alhamdulillah if so.

Towards being a perfect guy

Francisco Lachowski... some say he is the most perfect model. I don't agree about that, you? (read below to know why)
Girls, please stop Google-ing Lachowski for awhile; we have a subject to be covered. Hahaha. Hey, if you notice, I'm quite a psychologist in romantic things *sigh*. Not that I'm stating that I am an experienced lover nor declaring myself as somewhat expert in relationship; it's just that, I'm enjoying this kind of field. Before getting into education and teaching profession, psychology is one of my favourite subject. I even had helped my friends in interpreting their dreams (duh! It's a sad thing to remember that I've to break my promise of not writing things like this).

What is perfection, actually? How can or does we clearly define this word? Well if you- by all means- ask me what it is, I'd say, perfection in the orthodox perspective is a state of harmony with everything and everyone. Perfection is a condition where you can cope with all the needs of being a human, with full preparation for anything. Perfect is not a natural state of being, none born with it (excluding all the prophets peace be upon them). You have to struggle to get to this level.

Talking about struggle, anyone can be a perfect someone. God is fair, and so He gives all of us the same degree of potential and capabilities. The only difference about those potentials He distributed among humans is the type of it. You must strive to discover, learn and hone it.

Being a perfect guy is not just having a perfect acneless, sebumless face. It's not just about having dexterity, linguistic prodigy and somehow stylish life. It also doesn't regard richness, religions, races, social level and handsomeness/beauty. The aspects above are wrong connotations of perfection- you heard me.

I personally think perfection as in perfection in appreciating yourself. Of about being grateful and comfortable without, without using this definition as an excuse to stop from keeping up with improvements. Stupid person is one who says, "I love and 'bersyukur' with myself, and am not going to do anything about it!". Boy, you got the wrong definition of being grateful.

Grateful is a way of thanking and loving the way things are. Grateful is a manifestation of the highest degree of appreciation for anything and everything one gives you (especially God). By definition, one rhetorical question arises; how should you treat the things you love?

Heck. A swordsman appreciates his sword by constantly sharpening it. A beauty pageant appreciates her beauty by daily washing her face. And a genius will always exercise his brain, in a sense of being grateful about the cleverness he has. And you should be grateful about thing(s) you love by constantly improving and loving it/them.

The thing is, love and improve yourself. This is what perfection is all about. Don't budge for others' definition of perfection: have your life be perfected in terms of loving yourself: a beauty pageant is not perfect because of her beauty, nor a swordsman perfect for having a perfect skill. They're perfect because they always love the things they do/have and keep on toiling the best to improve them.

Comments

Popular Posts