Lost Is The Only Way

ASSALAMU`ALAIKUM WARAHMATULLAH

What if I tell you, that there's more than one true way? Would you be looking at life any different? The truth is, the "right track" does not exist. There are multiple alternatives to how this short-lived chronicle of ours could've ended. The possibilities are just way too many than just two roads diverged in a yellow wood, it's both scary and irrational to think that there's only one correct way to live life. This is the creative thought that frightens us in the first place.

The spectrum of life can be seen vividly in all that exists in it. The flowers: there isn't just a single species; the sky: it doesn't always look blue; the raindrops racing on our windshield: there are many ways they could roll down. Life is giving us all the signs necessary in understand it, yet we seem to be too busy with our financial stability to pay any attention to any of the signs. We are pathetic. And to add salt to the injury, we often blame life for all its cruelty.

Sometimes, we aren't necessarily lost. The other time, lost is the necessary way. It's through lost we began to question our true motives and aims of life. It's through confusion we determine our behavior or the way we handle our emotion. Without the sense of lost, the thrill of life isn't there. We need lost. Lost is the only way we could challenge our comfort and normalcy which seemingly limit our movement (and the proximity of our vision). Lets get lost!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both; and be one traveler, long I stood, and looked down one as far as I could, where it bent in the undergrowth. But my friends used to tell me to get lost, so here I am, abandoning all my previous cause; I challenge the woods and calling God's names, and dare to face the long held claims; but my knees are getting weak, exposed to the wooden bleak. Death stares at my, at my body; at my mind and dirty beauty. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood; sorry, I could have traveled the other route.

Comments

Popular Posts