Kawan

ASSALAMU`ALAIKUM WARAHMATULLAH

This is going to be short; I just can't contain this happiness all by myself, alone. I need to somehow share it. A question to begin with is:-

"Do you have a friend who when you sleep on his/her bed, doesn't wake you up when he/she wants to sleep on it?"

Well, I have one. And this guy is extraordinary. He means than a friend; he's my brother, facilitator, sometimes mentor, life's tour guide. He understands me more than anyone in this college, I think. He's simply awesome and though we are different in certain ways like political aspiration, that doesn't hold us back from sharing things we love (it's quite awkward to write a post like this, but, if girls are permissible, why aren't guys? Rather than writing my eww-ish romantic story (if any), it's far better to write something like this).

I went to his room, recently. I handed him my phone, asking him to put some films in it. I lied myself on his bed, staring the olden, rotating fan when I finally went into a deep sleep. And I suddenly woke up, seeing him sleeping on the floor. I didn't know how to react. How to wake him up.

What is this attachment? What is this kindness? I ask myself. Why my earlier friends who appeared and gone in my life didn't teach me such manner? I still can remember well how cold the concrete floor was and the second time the same situation occurred. This time, I saw him performing his tahajjud (late night prayer). Good heaven. I've found my traveling guy?

So, that's it. An anecdote about the best friend I've ever met. Maybe he doesn't read this, there's a high probability to it. I could only wish he sees what I see in him:- extreme care and warmth. But then, again, he's a humble guy. He won't be admitting to these characteristics.

Happy Ramadhan Kareem, fellow Muslims readers! ^.^
Interested, I see ;)

Comments

mizreena said…
UntungLA....atau lebih tepat....BERSYUKURLA hehe...
i'm blessed with two friends like that in my life...really thankful
Sven Medyona said…
Ahahaha...thanks. Best kan kalau ada kawan, atau lebih tepat, saudara yang faham kita.

Because sometimes even us can't understand ourselves. Masa tu saudara/saudari sebenar datang menonong.
mizreena said…
betul betul betul

Popular Posts